KNEE SURGERY + OILS


Hi, friends! I know the title of this post is pretty specific, but it's meant to apply to any type of orthopedic injury or surgery, and is just based on my personal experience. Always ask your doctor. Mine asked me to wait to apply oils topically near my incisions until the stitches were out and they were visibly healed on the outside. Also, there are many scar protocols using essential oils that are wonderful! This specific post is meant to be more about supporting post-operative pain and inflammation.  So, let's' get started with a few of my must-haves!

Long story short, I've had to have two ligament reconstruction surgeries over the past two years.  As a new mom the first time around, and a mom of a toddler and 5-year-old this time, it's been a challenge to say the least!

I have used so many oils and supplements to support my healing and inflammation (as well as emotions) in both recoveries.  However, I was more prepared this time around and had been taking the first supplement mentioned below for several months prior to my surgery.  I really feel it made a huge difference in my personal recovery! There are so many more great, supportive oils than those listed below.  Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. Let's get started!

  1. Agilease Herbal Supplement - contains ingredients that support healthy cartilage and joint function.  Some of these include Frankincense resin powder, Turmeric, Undenatured Type II Collagen, Glucosamine, Wintergreen, Copaiba, Clove, and Black Spruce.  I won't go into each and every ingredient in this supplement, but feel free to Google a single one of the above ingredients to learn more about their anti-inflammatory properties/inflammation support and you will be blown away!
  2. Nature's Ultra CBD Muscle Rub - if there was only one single product I could recommend, it would be this one.  Just a few of the product highlights are:  pure, Organic CBD, Shea butter, Jojaba oil and Vitamin E (all of which are great for skin support later on).  In addition, some of the essential oils included in this magic rub are Camphor, Tea Tree, Lemon, Peppermint, Clove, Wintergreen, and Helichrysum.  I'm telling you - this is a dream come true in a jar and has drastically decreased my personal need for oral, anti-inflammatory medications.
  3. Cool Azul Pain Relief Cream - contains Young Living's exclusive Cool Azul oils blend (Peppermint, Wintergreen, Oregano, Lavender, Blue Cypress, Vetiver + several more!), plus Menthol and Methyl Salicylate which act as topical Analgesics.  This layered with the CBD Muscle Rub is out of this world.
  4. Frankincense, Lavender and Helichrysum - applied with a carrier oil on and around my healed incisions for skin support has been amazing.  I did this on both knees in my recoveries, and my scars healed wonderfully.
  5. Stress Away + Valor - inhaled and rubbed all over my wrists, forearms, and neck for tension and emotional support.  Walking with crutches for weeks and weeks takes a toll on your shoulders and neck, as well (cue: TMJ issues - which I use the same above protocol for, by the way!).  
Like I said, this is what has worked for me in my post-operative rehabilitations.  If you have any questions or any different oils/supplements that have worked for you, I'd love to hear them!

Comments

Popular Posts